Headspace gas analysis is an important part of quality control for MAP products. Accurately measuring the headspace gas levels contributes to ensure a repeatedly high Modified Atmosphere Packaging quality and with Dansensor® CheckMate 3, our benchtop analyzer for O2 and CO2, operators can tell at a glance whether the gas composition meets the required levels.
Using the Dansensor CheckMate 3 is only one option for conducting Modified Atmosphere Packaging analysis of headspace gas compositions. We offer a range of other products for measuring headspace gas each of which will be introduced here:
- Dansensor® CheckPoint® 3
The Dansensor CheckPoint 3 relies on a revolutionary sensor technology which makes it the most advanced and accurate portable gas analyzer available. It checks for both O2 and CO2 levels in MAP products.
- Dansensor® CheckMate PC Software
Transfer and analysis of package data is much easier using the Dansensor CheckMate PC Software which works with both Dansensor CheckMate 3 and Dansensor CheckPoint 3. This is an ideal tool for Quality Control managers working in large production environments since it can control several CheckMate units at the same time.
- Dansensor® Can Piercer
The headspace gas of cans and bottles can be analyzed accurately using the Dansensor Can Piercer. The Dansensor Can Piercer tool should be used with either Dansensor CheckPoint 3 or Dansensor CheckMate 3.
- Dansensor® OpTech
Modified Atmosphere Packaging quality can be improved significantly using the innovative Dansensor OpTech for headspace analysis. The analyzer is based on the non-invasive measurement method which sets it apart from competing products.
- Saves labor time and paperwork due to automatic data logging
- Easy transfer of quality control data to the Dansensor CheckMate PC software or third party software Measuring range: 1 ppm – 100% (std. 0-20.9%)
- Reliable quality control of gas flushed products
- Easy operation – a minimum of training required
- Large easy to read 5” color display with touch function
- Available for either oxygen (O2) or combined oxygen/carbon dioxide (O2/CO2) measurement
- Very small sample volume requirement (from 3 ml)
- Data transfer via Ethernet/(LAN), USB or RS232
- Flexible configuration of test scheme, e.g. logging of operator name, batch number, product line, etc.
- USB connection for external keyboard and bar code scanner
- Optional built-in printer
(Infrared dual beam sensor)
|Key features||Our fastest and most accurate oxygen sensor||Not cross-sensitive to alcohol, carbon monoxide or carbon dioxide. (Electrochemical sensors are consumable sensors)||Full-scale temperature compensated carbon dioxide sensor (Electrochemical sensors are consumable sensors)|
|Sample volume (minimum)||3 ml||5 ml||5 ml|
|Sample time (minimum)||5 sec||7 sec||10 sec|
|Accuracy||± 0.01%||± 0.1%||± 0.8%|
|Heating time||10 min||N/A||10 min|
|Dimensions & weight||180 x 315 x 220 mm (HxWx D), 3.7 kg|
|Power supply||100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz|
|Options||Built-in printer, CheckMate PC software, SmartPen – retractable syringe, Can Piercer for testing cans and wine bottles, bar code scanner, standard consumable kit ( part no. 300436 )|
|Connections||USB, Ethernet (RJ45), RS232 (DB9)|
|Memory||1,000 programs (products) and minimum 10,000 measurements, depending on the setup|
|Third-party software compatibility||Mettler-Toledo FreeWeigh.net, Sartorius ProContol (WinSPC), OCS ComScale NT, Microsoft SQL database
- Needle kits
- Sample kits
- Hoses for sample gas
- PC software
- Cables for PC connection
- Sampling kit
- Barcode scanner
- IQ/OQ documents
Service & Support Options
- Basic Preventative Maintenance Plan
- Plus Preventative Maintenance Plan
Table top Head space analyzer measuring the gas content in MAP packages
- O2 measurements
- O2 + CO2 measurements
For a variety of food, beverage, pharmaceutical and medical packages using MAP.
Some examples of our customer applications include:
Snack Foods – Bakery – Pizza – Meats & Cheese – Nuts – Fish – Fruit, salads & Vegetables – Pet Foods – Pharmaceutical Packaging – Medical Device