Lotix TOC Analyzer
The Lotix is an example of Tekmar applying customer input relating to difficult to analyze samples that traditionally would have been highly diluted or filtered in the past. With the vast detection range and robustness on the Lotix, dilution and filtration is no longer required for samples less than 20,000 ppmC and particles less than 0.8 mm in diameter. The Lotix, the newest combustion analyzer, provides a low-cost TOC solution while still providing you with the accuracy demanded by the toughest laboratory analyst.
TOC users from around the globe requested an instrument that meets the following criteria: simplicity, performance, and durability.
The Lotix TOC Combustion analyzer is designed to accurately measure carbon content in aqueous matrices down to the ppb level. It uses proven high temperature combustion, oxidation of carbon material into carbon dioxide, and detection using a new Non-Dispersive Infrared (NDIR) detector.
Lotix is the ultimate solution for waste water, drinking and surface water, ground water, sea water, and other hard to oxidize matrices with an economical price to fit any budget.
Applications and Industries
TOC sampling and analysis are used in a wide range of applications in several industries.
- Standard Method 5310B
- DIN-EN-ISO 11905-2
- EPA 415.1 and 9060A
- ASTM D2579
- ISO 8245
- AOAC 973.47
- EN 13639
- Lotix Solids Sampler (LSS)– The LSS quickly prepares samples for TOC and TC analysis in a wide range of sample matrices that include wastewater, sludges, slurries and solids.
- Lotix Total Nitrogen (TN) Module– Analyzes samples for Total Nitrogen (TN) content. The TN module works in combination with the Lotix TOC Analyzer enabling analysis of aqueous samples for TOC/TN, TC/TN and TN.
- Mixing Module– The optional Lotix Mixing Module is designed to stir samples in the vial prior to analysis. The mixing module contains a magnet attached to an electric motor. The rotating magnet in the module causes a magnetized stir bar in the vial to rotate and mix the sample.
- SO3Scrubber – Certain sample matrices (such as samples preserved with sulfuric acid) have the potential to create gases harmful to the Lotix NDIR detector during analysis. The optional Lotix Sulfite (SO3) Scrubber (mistcatcher) removes these gases before they reach the detector.
- Salt Analysis Kit – The Salt Analysis Kit contains required components for the analysis of sea water and brines on the Lotix TOC analyzer. The kit includes a 0.3 mL sample loop, large sphere catalyst and combustion tube, and replacement parts for Lotix components whose life-span is reduced when analyzing this sample type.
Lotix TOC Analyzer
Make A Right Choice, Move Forward With Us
Have a peace of mind on your business operation with our technologies